Central_University_Of_Kashmir Revised Eligibility for Admission in various programmes for CUKAT – 2021
Central University of Kashmir has issued Revised Eligibility Notification for admission to various Programmes 2021
1. The following categories of candidates shall be eligible for admission to Ph. D on part-time basis:
a. Assistant Professors of the University who have put in at least 3 years of continuous service in the University.
b. Officers in the grade pay equivalent to that of the Assistant Professors in the University system having passed LLM degree with a
minimum of 55 % marks as a regular candidate with at least 3 years of experience in the Govt./semi-government/ UGC recognized
c. Eligible regular non-teaching staff of the University with a continuous service of 3 years shall be eligible to be considered for
admission to PhD programme on part-time basis provided they qualify the entrance test and fulfill other admission related conditions
2. Permanent college teachers from recognized colleges under Faculty Improvement Programme (FIP) with at least 4 years’ continuous
service and after getting a no objection certificate from the employer shall be eligible to apply for admission to PhD Programme.
3. Candidates who have qualified JRF/NET/SET/GATE or any other recognized test and the in-service candidates of CUK & candidates under
FIP shall too have to qualify the entrance test and make a presentation and appear in interview, if otherwise eligible.
4. The numbers of vacancies shown are provisional & are subject to change without prior notice.
5. A relaxation of 5% of marks in master’s degree programme, from 55% to 50%, or an equivalent relaxation of grade, may be allowed for
those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/differently-abled and other categories of candidates as decided by UGC from time to
time, or for those who had obtained their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991. The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent
grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible
based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace marks.
6. Reservation, Relaxation and Concession of the seats shall be as per the Government of India norms.
7. Selection criteria shall be as per Government of India/ UGC/ University norms.
8. Entrance test shall be of qualifying nature with qualifying marks as 50% (45% in case of SC/ST/OBC/PwD